Destroying sweets again Maynards!

hbPowers49's review of Bassetts Liquorice Allsorts

“Destroying sweets again Maynards!”

Written on: 20/08/2022 by hbPowers49 (1 review written)

Synthetic sugary garbage now, liquorice allsorts with barely any liquorice taste. Why do this to a sweet that was once great. Nothing like the original bassetts and over time they seemed to be the same but now they are just terrible. Trying to have a more polished look, feel and taste to these sweets has ruined them. Christ who is doing your market research these days?

You did the same to wine gums, never liked yours and not even close to the original bassetts wine gums or lions ones which were great. Maynards gums are so bad, you ruined the brand Lions (who sold out) and as expected Maynards completely destory sports mix, midget gems, change the texture, flavours and drop the liquorice ones idiots !!

Thankfully we can still get original Lions gums online or a few still in shop with Fruit Salad and Football Mix.

Mikedev's Comment

Written on: 21/10/2022

I fully agree with these comments. My family will confirm that I have been a Bassett Licourice Allsorts fan all my life, now 80. I noticed an immediate deterioration in the product as soon as the Maynards label appeared. The last pack I bought nearly got thrown in the bin,they had the texture of lino, hard and dry.

Calban's Comment

Written on: 25/11/2022

I bought some recently and was truly shocked at the change in size and texture (far more squishy) but the falvour was awful! Reminded me of wine gums and then I noticed the packet said Maynards!!! Why mess with something that was perfect. I won't be buying them again. Yuk