Childrens fitting is pointless in my opinion

Kaylahp249's review of Clarks Shoes Girls

“Childrens fitting is pointless in my opinion”

Written on: 31/12/2015 by Kaylahp249 (1 review written)

Have no problems with clarks kids shoes, good value and hard wearing. However yet again today I had my daughters feet measured, they came out at a 4.5. I knew yet again this was not right, but let the lady bring out the shoes anyway. Massive, I mean really big. Told her it's a 4 we need, so she reluctantly let her try a pair of 4's. Bit better but she still had to add in an insole to keep them on her feet!
I appreciate 'room to grow theory', however from a safety point of view I much prefer the option of her not falling and twisting her ankle than trying to make the larger shoe last a tad longer!
My eldest daughter who is now 20 always had clarks growing up and I used to always go with what they told me and usually ended up taking them back. I can remember her little boots literally used to fall off .Her school teacher once commented 'she looks like she's walking on the moon' she was actually trying to keep her shoes from falling off bless her.
So if you think the sizing is not right, you really need to speak up, you shouldn't always take them literally. If in doubt don't do it. Or if you have done already bought some and are concerned, take them back.