Opening a young savers

• Ease of Opening Account

cs2909p's review of Lloyds TSB Young Savers Account

“Opening a young savers”

Written on: 14/07/2012 by cs2909p (1 review written)

The Lloyds TSB staff at Ely (Cambs) are the most incompetent bunch of individuals. I made three visits to the branch as there is no online application.

Visit 1: I was told I just need my ID and my 2month old daughter's birth certificate and that I don't have to queue when I come back. Also they said it doesn't matter if I don't already bank there.

Visit 2: the unhelpful receptionist informs me I need to bring my daughter in (who is only 2months- why?? ) + I have to be banking there already. I asked her to check this with her colleagues and she was wrong. However no one was available then to see me as I was told ‘I don’t have to queue’. She then proceeded to make an appointment at length on her computer wasting 1/2 my lunch hour.

Visit 3: I waited at reception (I may as well be invisible). The staff attended people in front and behind of me. The lady who saw me the first day was unaware of the appointment but proceeded anyway. Halfway through the application process her computer required a second ID of my daughter. So she could not proceed or made no effort round this.

They have mis led me every time. Needless to say I did not go back and will never bank with Lloyds TSB.

Tip: use Northern rock. They have a 3% account like for like and you can open online too.

• Ease of Opening Account