Terrible returns for higher fees than the best UK funds!

ErosSimone's review of Natwest Child Trust Fund

“Terrible returns for higher fees than the best UK funds!”

Written on: 06/06/2018 by ErosSimone (1 review written)

This fund has underperformed every section of the UK stock market since inception. It is clearly managed by incompetent investors who charge a fee of 1.5% for returns of less than 5% even when the whole market, without the need to pick individual stocks, returns over 10% per year. There are many very well-run funds in the UK returning consistently over 10% per annum that charge significantly less than 1% fees. I have already decided to move my child's money out of this fund into a Junior ISA, but I would really like to know WHICH MANAGER has been enriching themselves with bonuses while my daughter's CTF has only just kept up with inflation, instead of growing as it was intended.

I have written to Natwest, but they haven't even acknowledged my email (which was tracked and has definitely been delivered!)

Natwest should be ashamed of how they are ruining our children's financial future and rewarding themselves handsomely for it!

Jnrrumana's Response to ErosSimone's Review

Written on: 05/09/2018

Thanks for sharing. I’ll also reconsidering as my 14yr old wants to see more transparency around who is doing what to get the best outcome.