Lycos Chat http://chat.lycos.co.uk/ Review

• Ease Of Navigation

472Lockhart's review of Lycos Chat http://chat.lycos.co.uk/

“Lycos used to be a good chatroom but is now awful. It...”

Written on: 15/10/2020 by 472Lockhart (1 review written)

Lycos used to be a good chatroom but is now awful. It claims to be the biggest chatroom in the world. A quick look around the web soon disproves that ridiculous claim. I had been a chatter for more than 10 years but over the past two years the rules have changed so that older chatters are not allowed in the most popular room called port. This means that normally 85-90% of chatters are in one room, port, but long term loyal chatters are not allowed. If male they are not allowed in the ladies room either and if not LGBT another room was inappropriate. This often left only one or two rooms worth entering.
A fairly recent room is "No Holds Barred" To start with this was fun. Then recently there were more navigators than chatters in the room. Numerous fellow chatters mentioned they found this off-putting and stopped going in. Recently when all rooms apart from the barred port and ladies and inappropriate (for me) LGBT room were empty. I went into the No Holds Barred room. The only "chatters" were two navigators (who are supposed to make a chatter welcome) - They ignored me. Numerous chatters came in the room and left within seconds - hardly surprising - a no holds barred room. After several minutes I suggested it would be better if No Holds Barred was a "navi free zone" so as not to put people off staying. At this the two "helpful" navigators (not) became extremely abusive. Obviously they could not take a joke nor obey their own rules "we can say what we like in here it is no holds barred" I then left.
On returning a couple of hours later I discovered I had been barred from No Holds Barred room - obviously it is a different rule if you dare say anything about navigators.
I asked one of the so-called navigators why I had been barred and he said something about being abusive - the navigators were the abusive ones. The brave chief navigator then said I was banned - no reason and no argument.
I went back to a normal room and was relaying this to a different navigator who was polite and helpful. Suddenly I was cut off.
Our brave helpful chief navigator had deleted me from Lycos Chat completely. It was actually the same navigator who pestered a female chatter friend of mine a few moths ago even following her into the ladies only room. Needless to say she left too.
If there is anyone in charge of Lycos Chat they need to get their house in order or soon there will be no chatters left. The chief navi responsible, let's call him D - is a cowardly bully who is probably an inadequate in real life. I have come across lowlife like him before, they should never be put in control of a paper bag let alone a failing chatroom.
disgusted