Good saw

Donahuehc314's review of Homelite Timberman 45 18

“Good saw”

Written on: 13/06/2020 by Donahuehc314 (1 review written)

I bought one for 50 bucks because I wanted something light for the smaller stuff. The guy let it sit for 2 years with the tank full. I cleaned the carb flushed the tank and started it up. Tuned the carb and bucked some fir logs 14-18 inches in diameter. It pulls pretty good for a 45cc saw. It still had the original chain which is a full chisel. The chain tensioner built into the bar is a stroke of genius. It's built as well as the box store Saws Echo and Husqvarna sell and the cheap Stihls. I am a retired faller with 28 years experience and build saws for a hobby now. And I collect them. It's not a professional saw, so I wouldn't head out to camp with it. But I can think if only 4 or 5 saws made by anyone in that size range are professional saws. It's a durable low priced saw. It's 17 years old and sat in a shed for 2 years with bad gas and it still runs which indicates some durability.