A long wait for burnt food

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

12Roche's review of Brewers Fayre

“A long wait for burnt food”

Written on: 30/11/2016 by 12Roche (1 review written)

Stop at the Centurion 'table table' restaurant on Watling Street, Wilncote, Tamworth.

Placing the order was reasonably fast, then, the drinks came and then we waited and waited (difficult to keep three young, hungry children entertained). After 45 minutes, I ask if our two roast dinners (vegetarian option) and two children's meals were likely to be served and, if not, I would pay for the drinks and go. The meals came about 2 minutes later but the roast dinners must have been keep warm for a long time because the base of the vegetarian SunRed tarts were burnt nearly brown/black, and very hard with only the top edible.

I received little in the way of an apology, paid (I declined the gratuity box on the card payment) and left as fast as I could, vowing never to set foot in a Brewers Fayre restaurant (a misnomer by any stretch of the imagination) again, no matter how hungry I am.

A few humble apologies may have helped ease my frustration of the treatment we had been subjected to.

• Centurion Table Table, Tamworth

Restaurant name & location

• £5-10

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented