Terrible service, mediocre food & no reply to my complaint

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Brewers Fayre

“Terrible service, mediocre food and no reply to my...”

Written on: 18/01/2015

Met two friends and their two children at restaurant for pre Christmas meal and ordered our food at 1.50pm. Waited a considerable time so went to investigate. I found a waitress in another part of the restaurant with part of our order and directed her to our table. Two people had their food and ten minutes later I went again to investigate where the other four meals were. Two of the party finished their food and a waitress at 1.40pm appeared to say the order had been lost - did we still want the food. Felt we had no choice but asked to see manager who did not appear. The rest of the order for four people appeared at 2.50pm. The food was mediocre, in comparison, to the same meal eaten the following day in another restaurant 10 minutes walk from the Brewers Fayre. At my second request the manager did appear and offered us free deserts but we had to leave and had had enough of the whole disaster.

Eight days ago, I complained to Brewers Fayre about the service but to date have not had the courtesy of a reply.

• Crossways Caerphilly

Restaurant name & location

• £15-25

Average cost per head

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Child Friendly