Welwyn garden city. very poor hotel attached restaurant

Beefeater
2.5
  • Quality of service

• Quality of food

mikeyranson's review of Beefeater

“Welwyn garden city. very poor hotel attached restaurant ”

written by mikeyranson on 21/02/2024

I stayed in the WGC premier for three nights which had a beefeater restaurant attached to it. I was working in the area on 12 hour shifts and being told, last orders for food was 9pm. Our shift finished at 8pm, arrived in hotel at 8.20pm, quick shower and in the restaurant for 8.45. One bar staff, long queue of people waiting then a voice from down the kitchen end stating "no more orders for the kitchen" There was six of us there with more on the way. We made our feelings known so they called another staff member to the bar to take our orders. Then told, no burgers, no fries along with a couple of other items. They also could not offer till receipts so that we can claim back our expenses. Update on this at the end.
Cut a long story short, the last order went through past 9pm. when the food arrived, all of us being disappointed what was on the plates. Extremely small portions, One quipped, "we didnt order kids meals".
The breakfasts were as bad of not worse. Three breakfasts over three mornings, plates cold, food cold, not just us but other guests were also waiting for various foods to be brought out as they dont believe in having trays full during the busy period. One coffee machine which was very slow dispensing drinks, queues forming for that, machine runs out of beans so staff have to go looking elsewhere for new bean bags, no spoons, solid butter, just some little knickly bits. Breakfast this morning, last morning, thank god, i had my breakfast in two halves due to no bacon and mushrooms available. Like they bring out a dozen pieces of bacon at a time. The plates stacked skyhigh where the top plates keep getting added to and not being heated. They just kept adding the stack.
I have done hotels for many years and so far, this attached restaurant has been one of the worst i have used.
By the way, we travelled to other restaurants outside the area for evening meals for the remaining two nights. I saw the staff on the second evening to get a receipt for the nioght before. Unable to get one as i should have gotten one at the time. Didnt listen to why i was asking the following night. i normally start losing my rag at this point but i was tired, full and just wanted a shower.
Beefeater, if you read these reviews, you owe me a receipt for £21.00.

• beefeater welwyn garden city

Restaurant name & location

• £15-25

Average cost per head

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all