HIK Vision a backward step

• Ease Of Use

• Ease Of Installation

• Image Quality

Trevon425's review of HIKVision CCTV

“HIK Vision a backward step”

Written on: 30/01/2019 by Trevon425 (1 review written)

My previous CCTV was a relatively cheap Floureon system it was 6 years old. It took minutes to set up and had loads of great features such as view on mobile phone, email alerts, picture in picture on laptop, silent operation, remote control operation, and more. My new system is a HIK 7200 and cost 5 times the previous one and is RUBBISH. HIK Vision offer ZERO SUPPORT. HIK Vision systems have to be installed by a professional installer at £75/hr. The noise from the CCTV box is unbearable, I cannot view the CCTV and use my laptop at the same time its one or the other, I can only see the CCTV on one mobile device-it does not permit other devices, I cannot for the life of me set up the email alerts, its unclear to me how to view playback. The whole system seems old fashioned with dozens of unfathomable settings and unnecessary complexity. I really would avoid HIK Vision CCTV systems unless your an expert. Had I known any of the above I would definitely not purchased this system. Its not for home use and probably more suited to a business setting where paying for installation and setup is the norm.

• 1-6 Months