Malfuctioning Uniview CCTV

step_hen's review of CCTVDirect - www.cctvdirect.co.uk

“Malfuctioning Uniview CCTV”

Written on: 26/09/2020 by step_hen (1 review written)

I had a Uniview CCTV system installed at my house in February. It had been supplied by CCTVdirect and would be used on my Apple computers. The cameras and NVR have worked well, but the Uniview software needed to operate the system is seriously flawed. It causes my computers to overheat and the program is slow and frequently crashes when you need to view and analyse recorded footage. The software version came out in January this year, so they must have known the software was defective when the CCTV system was sold to me. In July, I was told by the company’s tech department there would be a software update coming out in the next month or two. This month, I’ve now been informed there is now no time scale for the software, which leaves me with a CCTV system on which all you can reliably do is view live footage. As far as I am am concerned, this system is not fit for purpose and with no time scale for a fix, I’ve asked for a refund. This has been refused by the Sales Director of CCTVdirect , who says they have no legal or moral responsibility towards me. Uniview are a Chinese company, and CCTVdirect are their sole supplier in the UK and provide technical support, so as far as far as I am concerned they represent Uniview in the UK and they do have a responsibility, a view not shared by the Sales Director. Nor does he feel that customers considering buying Uniview products for use on Apple computers and require the EZ station software, should be warned that they will not work at the moment, because of defective Uniview software. I think this view neatly sums up CCTVdirect’s attitude towards customer care and support.