Great value for peace of mind

• Ease Of Use

• Ease Of Installation

• Image Quality

Keyschan's review of Annke Sparkle HD Wireless IP Camera

“Great value for peace of mind”

Written on: 24/03/2015 by Keyschan (1 review written)

I find this IP camera good in the sense that the set up was really simple. I didn’t have to use an installation disc (which I always think is a bit too much hassle). Following instructions in the manual, I downloaded the MIPC app, created an account then inputted my wifi details. The app came with a QR scanning function, so I could quickly scan the code on the IP cam’s packaging to sync it. Overall, the app’s layout is simple and easy to navigate, basically it does its job as a viewing portal for your cam.

The cool feature here is that you can change the camera direction just by swiping your finger on the screen. Although this was a very convenient feature, I did find a bit of a lag between the swipe action and the camera’s turning reaction, though this might be because of my wifi connection…

I also tested out the two way audio intercom function with my brother. So I stood in another room and used the app to record my voice, then I heard immediate broadcast on the cam, loud and clear. Also works the other way round when my brother spoke near the cam, I could hear him well on my phone. This function will come in very handy if you want to speak to someone at home while you’re at work.

I turned on the motion alert function and received a notification and even a photo on my phone when the cam caught some movement in the room. This is definitely a handy feature for catching unwanted visitors! Also, the cam is equipped with infrared LEDs, so recording in darkness (when the viewer doesn’t even know he’s being watched) is possible. A bit creepy to be honest, unless used in the right way.

Overall build quality is good and sturdy, if I had to complain about something it would be that the SD card slot is a bit small… would be great if future versions of this cam had a better designed slot so users don’t have to fiddle around with this as much.
Please note that the supplier sent me a sample for review, and all thoughts shared are my own.

• 1-4 weeks