Excellent school & professional instructors

401Lyon's review of Valley Bike School, Motorcycle Training CBT

“Excellent school and professional instructors”

Written on: 05/12/2018 by 401Lyon (1 review written)

Only took up motorcycle riding at 50++ of age. I was fair weather only rider having spent 3 years riding around on concurrent cbt's so decided to go for full license. Tried a two hour 650cc training session at another school but my confidence was knocked down by an instructors' method of teaching.

Dropped in to the person I dealt with at VBS a couple of year later for an informal chat and decided to give it another go. I found all the instructors very relaxed and friendly. They actually listen to your queries and give constructive feedback, more often with humour, but really reinforced your confidence. ( Like the Hornby train set analogy). I trained as and when time permitted and was fortunate to have sessions with all 3 instructors so picked up a spectrum of excellent riding and safety tips from experienced professional trainers. Enjoyed the rapport and shared experiences with other students and staff alike. Loved riding on the clear sunny days over the moors to Darwen more than riding over in the rain, or misty foggy morning at 3C for my successful Mod 2! but - hey ho I am now a safe and more competent convert from fair weather only riding.

Would definitely recommend VBS to anyone looking to add the A category to their license.

Equipment Provided?

Darth956's Comment

Written on: 06/12/2018

Thank you Lyon. It is always good to know that we're doing things right and that our efforts are appreciated. You're right about the Hornby but, in my day, it was a Tri-ang (LOL). We are very fortunate to have such lovey scenery in and around Rossendale, glad you enjoyed it.

Stay safe out there and call in when you're passing. Kettle is always on. Text first as we're usually out and about.

All the best