Tesco cat food sachets.

Guest's review of Tesco Cat Food

“Tesco cat food sachets.”

Written on: 11/10/2021

We have 3 cats. One only likes gravy, the other is slightly picky over his food and the last one eats anything. My husband bought the tesco cat sachets to try and save some money. 3 cats are expensive, lol. All 3 will not touch it! The picky cat is crying because he's hungry and mows for food but still won't touch this food. (he's not starved he has dry food too.) I thought they were just being spoilt, boy was I wrong! We put the opened cat food sachet with half their food still in it, in the cupboard with a peg on to keep it fresh and ready for their morning meal. I was going to try them with it again for breakfast.I poured the sachet into their bowls and a smell similar to ammonia hit me (I did a hairdressing course and it has a strong smell, similar to box hair dyes). I showed my husband and he agreed it had a strong chemical smell. I put the dish back on the kitchen work surface and when I came back in a few moments later, the kitchen stunk of the ammonia smell. I told my husband there is no way we're feeding our cats this "stuff". I was extremely upset that we'd tried to coax them into eating this "food". God knows what's in it, but our cats knew from the smell of it there was something very wrong with it. I'm going to pay the extra and feed them the Felix sachets in gravy from now on. There's a reason this cat "food" is cheap. We now have 2 weeks worth of sachets that are going in the bin. I wouldn't give this food to anyone else to feed their cats with, it's not safe enough for mine to eat so i wouldn't want to risk it making my family's cats ill if they ate it long term. I definitely don't recommend it and neither do our cats.