A great day out

smithy.junior's review of London, The Tower of London

“A great day out”

Written on: 23/08/2012 by smithy.junior (4 reviews written)

We might not have gone up to London had it not been for the Olympics, but the thought of watch the Marathon (after not getting ticket to anything else) was too enticing so we booked a hotel (ouch) and made the travel up.

The one thing the kids where desperate to see whilst we were there was the Tower of London. Jake, my eldest, was learning about the Normans at school before the holidays so everything has been castles, princess and the like all summer (and my wife always likes to look at diamonds!).

Strangely there were practically no queues (perhaps because the Olympics were getting the attention) and given the global attraction it clear is I thought the prices were actually reasonable (I've seen far worse in London!).

As an attraction, it more than lived up to expectation. The place comes alive with a cast of actors who made the experience so vivid my little ones have spoke of it practically every day since and the sparklies enchanted the wife (in fact she's spoke of them every day since too!).

• August 12

Date of visit (month/year)

• All ages