Compass Ralley 524

• Comfort

• Practicality

Tristono240's review of Compass Ralley 524

“Compass Ralley 524”

Written on: 14/09/2014 by Tristono240 (1 review written)

We recently bought Compass Ralley 524 2004 second hand from a dealership. We had a terrible experiance with it, I used a VW 1.9 T5 Transporter van to tow it. On our first trip out I found the caravan a night mare to tow. I was for many years a long distance lorry driver so towing trailer is nothing new to me. I found this caravan was pushing the T5 around and the ride was very very bumpy with the caravan making the back end of the van dip when under breaking.

We also discovered the paper covering the formica in many places around the caravan was peeling off. The 2x1 baton set up that was the main foundation for the seating was rubbish and one of the seats broke soon after purchase.

The alarm that comes as standard with this caravan was re-arming it's self all the time and the alarm would go off randomly if the mains were not turned off and the battery disconnected when we were away from the caravan.

I reported all of this to the dealer and I got over whelmed with bull you know what from them.

I would not recommend buying one of these second hand I have been told the alarm problem is common with the compass range of caravans.

• 2004