RIP off

3.0

Martyn198's review of Insure My Caravan www.insuremycaravan.co.uk

“RIP off”

written by Martyn198 on 11/12/2022

On the 5/06/21 I spoke to a female member of staff at Ceta Insurance Brokers to insure my new caravan as I had recently sold my previous caravan. I told the member of staff that I wanted the same cover on my new caravan as I had on my previous one.
On the 12/01/22 I had a phone call from my tracking company asking whether I was moving my caravan.  I informed them that I was not and therefore came to the conclusion that my caravan was being stolen, this was confirmed so I promptly rang the insurance company to report it.  The Insurance Company was AM trust.  AM trust then informed me that I wasn’t insured for that make and model of caravan but that I had insurance in place for my old caravan. I then explained that I had swapped caravans over with the member of staff at Ceta Insurance, who were the broker on 5/06/21 but clearly the member of staff hadn’t swapped caravans over from old to new so the new policy never existed. Within an hour of making the phone call, AM trust had listened to the phone call between myself and Ceta on the 05/06/21, I received a return phone call with a new policy number, but no policy paperwork was forthcoming.
After 3 months of asking via email and telephone calls I received the policy for the new caravan with the old caravan policy still running along side it. The policy wording was completely wrong which Ceta insurance broker admitted and apologised for the mistake.
I contacted the ombudsman to report this as I had never received a policy with the new caravan details on to read or amend within the 14 days cooling off period so that I could check to see if it was the correct policy would meet my needs and also to confirm that I was covered as I would be using my caravan for 3 weeks as a break.  The break was actually interrupted as I was called home for family issues leaving the caravan unattended for a day and half with axle locks on which were cut off with a burning equipment, hitch lock fitted, alarm fitted and tracker which was found and discarded in a field a mile down the road from where the caravan had been stolen from.
The policy requirements were met with security and Cctv installed which showed the caravan being stolen from the site. Ceta insurance then told me I wasn’t insured on the site that I had parked the caravan on because it  wasn’t a registered caravan site which was a lie as it was registered with the council.  It would have been covered on the old policy but not the new policy. Then a few emails later it was covered on the site but as they claimed that the caravan was being used as permanent residence which was another lie, I was not covered.
After multiple emails and phone calls they then confirmed that the reason I was not covered was due to human error on Ceta,s behalf, this being the case meant that the insurance claim was therefore closed and the ombudsman could not find anything wrong with this.
A sum of £100 for compensation was offered as this was thought to be acceptable.  The start dates on the policy were wrong, the policy wording was completely wrong, there was no mention of midterm adjustments and the old caravan was still insured even though I had sold it. The policy hadn’t been signed off by either the broker or the insurer which is illegal as it is a law abiding document. I also have most of the telephone recordings as I requested Subject Access Request which clearly confirm Ceta admitting the mistake and also all the emails and copy’s of policies that eventually received 3 months after the theft. CETA INSURANCE - BE WARNED NOT TO INSURE WITH THEM AND IF YOU ARE MAKE SURE YOU READ YOUR POLICIES IF YOU ARE LUCKY ENOUGH TO HAVE RECEIVED ONE.

• Claimed Over a Year Ago