Not the best start in caravanning

NickRac's review of Highbridge Caravans, Highbridge, Somerset

“Not the best start in caravanning ”

Written on: 08/09/2019 by NickRac (1 review written)

We bought a second hand Sterling Eccles 2017 caravan from this dealer. Initially we thought all was great but things went wrong. They had three weeks to get this van ready before pick up they clearly didn’t check things. Firstly the van lights were flickering which apparently is common, so they fitted a unit to rectify this. Secondly the lock was faulty in the door which they supposedly done at the time of the lights but it was still stiff. On its first venture out with my daughter using the caravan the lock literally came of in her hand. After several calls and mails they eventually agreed to send a technician to site to fix. This does seem to be ok now. What is disappointing is that all of these trips to the dealer bar the last one were all at our expense and time. The other very disappointing thing is that trying to get them to call or mail back is virtually impossible unless you get very forceful, which I didn’t want to do but had no choice. I would have thought Highbridge Caravans would have dealt with this better but you live and learn don’t you.