Awful after sales.

• Customer service

LondonBell's review of Motorpoint www.motorpoint.co.uk

“Awful after sales.”

Written on: 25/05/2019 by LondonBell (1 review written)

Bought a Hyundai I30 from Newport especially for the piece of mind of the remainder of the Hyundai warranty. Got home and found that service book not stamped, from previous experience of owning an Hyundai we know that without the stamp to prove vehicle has been serviced in line with manufacturers requirement that the warranty could be void. Rang Motorpoint aftersales team who advised to send the book back to them and they would get it stamped. Three weeks later after chasing countless times and being told the book was on it way we rang again to ask yet again why delay this time told that the car had been serviced by Halfords but that the branch was not know and this was why book could be not stamped. We they rang Hyundai to clarify our position on their warranty only to be told as car not serviced by a Hyundai dealer they would need a detailed itemised breakdown of what was done on service and oils, parts used. Rang Motorpoint again to tell them this only to be told that information not available, I then told them that the warranty would be compromised and the whole point of buying this car was for the 3 and a half years remaining on the warranty, they said we cannot help you anymore. My wife then rang Halfords head office who confirmed that the car had been services by them but only a oil and filter service was carried out which was why the service book had not been stamped because it was not a full service. Rang Hyundai with this information and they confirmed that because of this any future problems relating to the car not being serviced proporly would be excluded. Went back to Motorpoint with this and told to put in writing.
Motorpoint states on its website that all cars are sold with the balance of the manufacturers warranty, this is clearly not the case as in order for this to be correct the cars need to be serviced as per the manufacturers criteria. I have pointed this out but they are not interested and I am now stuck with a car not covered for important componants like the engine, gearbox, clutch etc. Please Beware.

• Customer service

Motorpoint's Comment

Written on: 13/06/2019

Thank you for your review, i'm so sorry to hear of the issues you've experienced. Without any information in the review, i am unable to confirm our stance on things. I believe you have been provided with our response on the matter after reviewing the information. I hope you are pleased with your vehicle, should you have any questions please do let me know. Thanks again, Rachael