Too good to be true!

Guest's review of WhipCar - www.whipcar.com

“Too good to be true!”

Written on: 24/08/2012

Came across whipcar and thought WOW what a great idea! I needed a car urgently to drive down to London for a day as my car is too old to make the journey. I signed up and followed all the procedures to become a member which only took a couple of mins, I was really impressed!
I then began searching for cars, some of which were lovely; a convertible mini cooper and the brand new KA for as little as £30 a day and just down the road! So I 'booked' the cars I fancied which involved sending a request to the owner for them to either accept or decline. In total I booked 9 cars and either they were ignored or declined (they automatically get declined if no response within 2 hours). I have been driving over 40 years and have never had any endorsements on my license, so was really confused as to why they were all getting declined.
What is the point in taking time to add your car for people to rent if you're not going to respond? If the same were to happen on a website such as ebay, you would be given negative feedback, and i think this is something Whipcar seriously need to consider introducing. I wasted an entire evening applying and waiting for responses, only to be let down. After all the drama I ended up going to a car rental firm who could rent out a car for me in 10 minutes!!
I would not recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a quick fix car as you have no chance and are wasting your time. Would be a really great company if it worked, but people are just not reliable enough!

Jonathan Kelly's Comment

Written on: 18/08/2013

They closed down some months ago I got the email soon after joining them but before I had a chance to rent a car using them.