Sent ECU back for 2nd time still not working

Allwood1408's review of The ECU Doctor - www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk

“Sent ECU back for 2nd time still not working ”

Written on: 02/12/2020 by Allwood1408 (1 review written)

I am very disappointed, I sent my faulty ecu for a ford KA which is a very basic ecu to be repaired ,Doc contacted me and said they couldn’t repair my ecu so they sent me a replacement supposedly plug and play ecu .
The cost of this unit was approximately £360 , this unit did enable the car to run but left numerous lights on the dash , flashing eml ,traction control light and stop start light, none of these faults where on my old ecu
Doc said send it back and he will rectify these new faults which I did , on return of this unit we followed there fitting instructions again only to have the same faults .
Docs reply was these faults must be be elsewhere in the car and after great expense we replaced the items which the ecu said where faulty . It was the ecu all the time. We are a car sales company by the time we rectified this car our customer had run out of patience understandably and we gave him a complete refund .
I asked Doc for half my money back Which I thought was very reasonable , Doc waffled and then refused .
My experience with these repair companies is a possible 1 out of 5 chance of satisfaction , but if you add up your wasted time and car off road , labour charges etc there not worth the time or the aggravation they will give you . So just go to the main dealer it’s cheaper and quicker in the long run

• Hertfordshire