The ECU Doctor - www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk Review

wlDuffy448's review of The ECU Doctor - www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk

“I am disappointed, because they were reluctant to...”

Written on: 12/02/2020 by wlDuffy448 (1 review written)

I am disappointed, because they were reluctant to return my faulty units. The lady on the phone had to put me on hold and ask someone, because she said that they don’t normally return them. I was quite determined to have it back, because it is mine! Obviously it’s more convenient to sell you a used reprogrammed unit, than try and fix yours. The fact that they are reluctant to return faulty units, makes me think that they fix them anyway and sell them for a lot more money to the next customer. This is what I see from my point of view. Anyway the wouldn’t return my faulty unit together with the new one, so I had to pay for separate postage a week later. What I received back appears to be my unit from the outside, but once I opened it, it was clear that something was wrong there. My faulty unit had clear water marks on the motherboard, while this motherboard doesn’t have any and instead it has a hole in it and it’s clearly burned in one point. This is not my motherboard... the box was mine though. Anyway, this is what I make of it: my motherboard was repairable and instead of charging me only for the repair, they kept it to sell it to a different customer, while they sold me a used ECU that obviously belonged to another unfortunate customer. That explains why they were so reluctant to send me back my old unit. I think that honesty is a thing of the past.