Inadequate Service

Guest's review of Solus www.solusarc.co.uk

“Inadequate Service”

Written on: 25/02/2014

My vehicle was involved in a minor accident at the end of January and it was recommended by AVIVA that their approved repairer would deal with the issue, as they required an additional £200 if I was to take it to my garage. The proposed repair work had already been assessed by my garage and I provided to AVIVA the details of the work involved - Rear bumper damage and the rear passenger side door would not open.
The car was collected by a SOLUS representative on the 07/02/14 and I then received a call on 18/2/14, saying that the bumper had been replaced and door that would not open(which I had already been aware of) had not been repaired, as it was due to wear and tear (THIS IS THEM STATING IT AS A FACT WITHOUT EVEN OPENING THE INNER TRIM !) It had taken them 8 days to repair a bumper and to come to the conclusion that they were not going to get involved with the non-opening door. The garage assessor then called me to explain the above and I explained that there were no issues with the door prior to the accident - He then mentioned that for them to look at the door, they would have to damage the inner trim and then possibly replace the door latch ! I then enquired as to why it had taken early two week to come to this conclusion, especially when a bumper would have been fitted within one hour(POSS 2 HOURS MAX) - He had no answer !
I then complained to Aviva about the entire issue on the same day and as of 25/2/14, I am still awaiting an outcome to the situation.
I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND ANY POLICY HOLDER OF AVIVA MOTOR INSURANCE TO USE THEIR APPROVED REPAIRER, AS THE LEATHERHEAD GARAGE IS A TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL, UNHELPFUL, UNCOOPERATIVE BUSINESS - THEY ARE SIMPLY MILKING MONEY FROM AVIVA POLICY HOLDERS. THEY HAVE VERY LITTLE OR NO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS AND THE ENTIRE OPERATION NEEDS TO BE REVIEWED, AS IT WAS NOTHING SHORT OF A SHAMBOLIC GARAGE.
THE FINAL BILL FOR A BUMPER REPLACEMENT WAS £602-42 - SHOCKING !!!!!!
AVIVA CUSTOMER CARE DID NOTHING TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE, JUST GAVE ME A LOT OF 'GAS' OVER THE PHONE BUT THIS DID NOT SURPRISE ME, AS THEY ARE AFFILIATED TO THE GARAGE - DEFINITELY WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THE MULTI-CAR POLICY WITH AVIVA - ESP AS THEY ARE INCOMPETENT AT ALL LEVELS FROM CUSTOMER CARE TO REPAIRING YOU VEHICLE.
FINAL LINE - AVOID AVIVA MOTOR INSURANCE & NEVER USE THE SOLUS ARC IN LEATHERHEAD, AS THEIR ASSESSORS ARE NOT TRUE MECHANICS, THEY SIMPLY MAKE ASSUMPTIONS WITHOUT LOOKING AT THE DETAIL.

• Croydon

Location

Bobsmedley's Comment

Written on: 18/03/2014

Yet another Aviva customer trying to pull the wool over Aviva`s eye`s by claiming things that were faulty on their car happened after a minor accident,insurance is to repair the vehicle and return to the customer in pre accident condition not to correct faults on the vehicle which were there previously,so try and maintain your vehicle properly in future instead of trying to get it sorted out for free(Knobheads).