AVOID AVOID AVOID

BryceFigueroa's review of Service4Service Ltd - www.service4service.co.uk

“AVOID AVOID AVOID”

Written on: 27/01/2019 by BryceFigueroa (1 review written)

Warning! Danger Alert! WARNING! This company will take your money.

UPDATE: No apology has been issued as at 27.1.19, no explanation for up to 300% mark up on prices. In fact the Sales Manager and Managing Director have tried to convince me that they are quote "mature family men", that the service advisor was once a mechanic for Mercedes - might be true, BUT HE WAS NOT WORKING ON MY CAR! And IS paid commission to upsell work - just google Service 4 Service jobs and see what their role is.

Sales Manager and MD have basically said they can charge what they like, only employ mature men and if I fell for it and paid, that's my problem not theirs.

This is now going forward as a complaint with Which, Consumer Helpline and Trading Standards - who have all been very helpful.

My advise is to use Halfords if you'd like 4 months to pay for repairs - they work out at 150% cheaper AND have ethics, or just go to your own dealer - still 100% cheaper than these greasy people.

Original review (and it only gets worse) below:

Under NO circumstances should you use this outfit - they will seem pleasant at first, and then proceed to treat you badly, mark up retail prices by over 100% AND then add VAT. They will add extra work that does not need to be done and their service advisors will pose as mechanics (eg: this, said to me): "well are you a mechanic? Is your friend? No? Well I am a fully qualified mechanic and I am the one who can see whats in your car!" Um no, you cant, you are miles away up North, in a call centre - being paid commission to upsell you and mislead people into having work done that they dont need.

After I complained (CHECK EVERYTHING THEY QUOTE YOU!), things *suddenly* started going wrong with car - expensive things! that had not been picked up before and I know were not there as I photographed my car in full before hand over. I dont know motors but I know dishonesty and I am not the fool they clearly assumed I would be. I asked for all work to be stopped on my car and have laid a complaint with Consumer Helpline who have reported to Trading Standards who have both been very helpful.

The Sales Manager *says* he is looking into this, says all calls are recorded and says he will come back to me - so lets see what they come up with - I sense this will be dragged out but I have no problem taking these guys on with the help of the right channels.

I will keep this review updated, but thought best post now to hopefully help you avoid being fleeced.

• south west

Location

Lightening666's Comment

Written on: 13/03/2019

Got to ask got a quote from them they wanted a deposit that I paid and to I could have 12 interest free to pay the rest so I said yes now the work is done they have put off my car being returned now saying I need to apply for finance that was declined die to my situation and are holding my car ransom surely finance should have been agreed before the work was undertaken?

Dustee's Comment

Written on: 14/03/2019

Go to Consumer Helpline or ring CAB. Log a complaint. These guys are next level devious - their modus is to fleece you. The more complaints laid against them the better.