Wheel balancing

JGS01's review of Kwik Fit, High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

“Wheel balancing ”

Written on: 03/01/2022 by JGS01 (1 review written)

This review is for the Kwik fit next to Perry's ford High Wycombe
Took my Transit custom in for 4 new winter tyres to be fitted.. Tyre's fitted drove away.. Later in the week whilst on the motorway I had a wheel wobble & vibration through the steering at around 60mph.. I went back to Kwik Fit who rebalanced (after they'd balanced when fitting tyres in first place) front wheels & told me that one had a buckle & he'd balance it the best he could. Why this wasn't found first time round will become clear in a moment.. Well after adding a large strip of weights to the wheel I thought I'd take the wheel to a specialist & get it straightened..
I took the van to Herts wheels he removed the "buckled" wheel put it on his machine & found no fault no buckle..They Re balanced the wheel with very little weights.. I then asked if he could balance the other from & rear wheels.. Well the findings were that Kwik Fit hadn't balanced the other front wheel properly & hadn't even bothered to balance the rears.. All I can say is that two Kwik fit so called fitters failed to use the wheel balance machine properly & didn't bother at all with the rears.. I'd never use them again after that experience & glad I never ordered a new wheel based on their findings.. Useless!!! Ps thanks Herts Wheels for your professional service.

• Watford