Kwik Fit Truro - tyre repair

Eganbi470's review of Kwik Fit - www.kwik-fit.com

“Kwik Fit Truro - tyre repair”

Written on: 08/06/2021 by Eganbi470 (1 review written)

Bank holiday Monday I visited Kwik Fit Truro as I noticed a nail in my tyre, the tyre wasn't deflating so I left it in until I could get to a tyre centre. I explained there was nail in the tyre and asked them to take it out to check if it was punctured and if so repair the puncture, I was advised a repair would be £25 (which is expensive but no other places were open) After approx 15 mins of looking over the rest of the car and taking photo's the member of staff removed the wheel.

He then removed the valve stem to release the air, I approached him to ask if he'd taken the nail out to see if it was punctured, he replied saying he would take the tyre off to remove it from the inside. I asked him again to take it out to see if the tyre was punctured first because if there is no puncture there is no need to take the tyre off!!. Reluctantly he pulled the nail out and inflated the tyre which showed there was no puncture!

He then fitted my wheel back on the car and when he handed the keys back he couldn't look me in the eye. If I had not approached him I'm guessing he would've continued to remove the tyre and charge me for a repair that wasn't needed or even worse a new tyre.

I will never use Kwik fit again.