"Nationwide" Just Car Clinic Hinckley

zgCox222's review of Just Car Clinics Limited

“"Nationwide" Just Car Clinic Hinckley”

Written on: 14/03/2020 by zgCox222 (1 review written)

My insurance company put my car into this garage. After the first contact I had to wait 18 days for a slot to take my car in.

The garage is not branded as Nationwide and there are no signs on the buildings to indicate that it is this company: it's actually called Just Car Clinic so I to 'phone ahead to check the location before I took my car in.

I was told my the receptionist the car would be assessed and I would be given feedback within 2 days, and then the repairs would typically take 5-7 days.

Despite having been booked in for 18 days and 'phoning ahead the courtesy car was not ready and still being washed. The interior was not cleaned and I had to time to wait for this to be done. I was asked to sign the hire-car inspection form before even seeing the car and doing the inspection, which I refused to do! The fuel tank was half fuel, which made refilling to the same level on return very difficult. I later found that the screen-wash was empty in the car.

After 1 week I had heard nothing about the initial assessment so I telephoned on to be told my car was top priority and would be looked within 3 days at the latest.

After another week and hearing nothing more I telephoned my insurers on who spoke to Nationwide and told me that the car would be looked at that day and I should receive an update the next day. 10 days later the car was ready to collect...a month after I'd taken it in.

If I had been told at the start the work would take 1 month I might not be so dissatisfied, but I was repeatedly that the work was 'top priority' and then never received any updates: it took phone calls from me and the insurers to get any sense of progress. I suspect it would have taken longer still without chasing. The hire car issues just add to the impression that this company is badly managed and offer extremely poor customer service.