Bunch of Charlatans

LexusLS460V8's review of JT Automatics Ltd - www.automatic-gearbox.co.uk

“Bunch of Charlatans”

Written on: 29/01/2020 by LexusLS460V8 (1 review written)

Let me start by saying I do not like leaving a bad review for any company. Please feel free to check my other reviews. Brought my lovely Lexus LS460 with a problem with the gearbox to JT automatics. To cut a long story short it had the dreaded torque converter shudder. Anyway the person I dealt with took my car for a test drive and decided it needed a complete automatic gearbox. I agreed and booked in for a few days later. So, a week later I got a call to say the car was ready! Turned up and the receptionist told me I'd have to wait an hour as the car was still on the ramp and had yet to be roadtested but I was happy to wait. Then the person I dealt with came into the office, very friendly who said yes the car is running well but the gearbox is still experiencing a little shudder from the torque converter as it is still running in. I thought let me give him the benefit of the doubt. He also mentioned the suspension/steering has started making a grinding noise which to be fair wasn't there before. By the way this is after he took payment for over £2900!!! So I drove off to work and the car was making a horriffic grinding noise from the suspension/steering as if something was either damaged or not put back properly. Also the vibration from the gearbox was still there. Also all the engine cover clips were broken and loose, dipstick bracket broken and starter motor clip broken. To cut another long story short I contacted the person I dealt with and told him I was outraged at how he had the audacity to give me my car back like that. Literally it was worse than when I brought it into to him!!! He told me it needs to recalibrate and take it for a long run etc or bring it back and he would keep it until it was right which I agreed. With regards to the suspension/steering problem he said it was nothing do with him even though he said to be fair it didn't come in with that fault but would point in the right direct of a garage that would fix it at cost to me. He also denied that he broke any of the engine clips etc. I decided I will keep on driving it until I can bring it in and on the way back from ASDA the car started to judder voilently and cut out!! No drive and the car wouldn't go anywhere! Greenflag had to come out, diagnoised the fault as the gearbox and towed it to my nearest Lexus Main Dealer. They also diagnoised the fault as a major gearbox malfunction and recommeded a new gearobx. I informed JT automatics by email and the person I dealt with called me the very next day to say he would refund me all of my money and that would be the end of it. I was relieved to get my money back as at the time I was in the process of buying a new house but I if I had the time I should have persued him for the damages to my car. To cut another long story short I took it to a highly recommened garage who put a secondhand gearbox in the car and it ran beautifully! But the suspension/steering problem was still there and also the Worshop Foreman recommended that my car was so badly butchered by JT Automatic that it wasn't worth keeping and just to sell it. After a few months I idid just that and part/ex it. Please think very carefully before taking your car here or any other garage. Do not rely solely on online reviews as these are sometime fake. And why it's a Which Recommended Trader is beyond me!! Word of mouth recommendations are best Always test drive your vehicle before parting with any cash after a repair or get it AA inspected. **Thank you for your reply JT Automatic. Please do send me this engineers report I'd love to see it, (by the way I am still waiting for this supposed report) Is this after the trader repaired all defects and put a new MOT on it?? You and your company are a bunch of charlatans. You will one day give a customer back their car which is not safe for them to drive and something terrible will happen. Is that what you want?I wrote this review to warn others as I don't want it to happen to them.Everything I have written to you is the truth just accept it and do the right thing when you repair someones car. And when you hand back a customers car, you should take them on a thorough roadtest to ensure they are satisfiesd before they hand over their hard earned cash!

Onenationsec's Response to LexusLS460V8's Review

Written on: 11/08/2020

how you can write a bad review like this is beyond me, did you not state that you had a full refund from the company???

Lexusls460V8's Response to LexusLS460V8's Review

Written on: 11/08/2020

Quite simply too warn other people.