We are committed to keeping you safe...Oh! no you're not

gahanpip's review of Halfords

“We are committed to keeping you safe...Oh! no you're not”

Written on: 19/09/2021 by gahanpip (1 review written)

We are committed to keeping you safe...Oh! Yes?
Not what I expect from Halfords - MOT Service

Last year (full major service) they forgot to replace the brake fluid after draining the system leaving it half empty, all the warning lights came on telling me to pull over and stop. Getting home I checked the fluid level and sure enough, it was empty. Filled it with the correct fluid purchased from Halfords Dover. This could well have caused me to have a very serious accident even fatal. I did not report it at the time as I thought it could easily get someone the sack and I did not want that. After filling the brake fluid to the correct level all seemed to work fine. This year the rear right calliper was leaking and I have no doubt why, the bleeding of the brakes were not done correctly previously causing an MOT failure and will cost me hundreds to put right. What I should have done was to sue you last year for putting my life in danger. A disgraceful level of service. The exasperated chap who served me told me it was his last day, and happy to go! I'm now contemplating what I should do. You have left me with a very large bill due to the damage you have caused though negligence plus the potential lethal threat you have subjected me to.

• Dover