Halfords 'Great'...(Their Credit Company 'Rubbish')

alangtaylor47's review of Halfords

“Halfords 'Great'...(Their Credit Company 'Rubbish')”

Written on: 12/03/2020 by alangtaylor47 (1 review written)

I purchase a 'Dashcam' from Halfords Yeovil a couple of months ago, and had it fitted by them, in my nearly new Vauxhall Mocca X.
Everyone involved at the Yeovil depot were 'first class', and extremely helpful, (especially, the engineer who carried out the work), it was completed very quickly, (and cleanly), without any damage to the vehicle, (indeed, it was so good, it could have been 'factory fitted'. We were very pleased with the product, except my 'wife and I' (being not in the first 'bloom' of youth), were confused about some of the technology, a further visit quickly 'ironed out' our problems, as the engineer quickly, and simply explained 'everything' to us, so 'First Prize' Halfords Yeovil....So why then, have I only 'rated' them 3 stars, well, it was nothing to do with the Yeovil Branch, (who as you can read, really deserve 10 stars. I suppose that really, it's probably my own fault, as thought I rarely, (or almost never) take credit, this time, (having recently purchasing the 'new car'), I decided to take the offer of 12 interest 'free' payments, and this is where it 'all went wrong', as after Klarna sent me a confirmation of my direct debit agreement, within weeks demanded another payment, I then tried to contact Klarna U.K. (Don't bother !!!), as after reception put me through to finance, I spent over an hour 'waiting' only then to be told, it was the 'wrong extension', I then received another demand from Klarna, (plus a 'fine'for 'late payment') well, as I told them, ''It's a Direct Debit for God's sake' 'you' determine when the payments 'taken'....I then contacted them 'online', no luck there either, so in 'disgust', I 'paid them off', and cancelled my Direct Debit....So Halfords Yeovil 10 stars....Halfords financial Director, (Or whoever decided to use Klarna)....Minus 500...SO, WHATEVER YOU DO, 'DON'T TAKE HALFORDS 'CREDIT'....

• Sherborne