Stay away from Halfords Auto Centre Harrow!

Roselynt271's review of Halfords

“Stay away from Halfords Auto Centre Harrow!”

Written on: 08/06/2019 by Roselynt271 (1 review written)

I booked an online major service for my Mercedes ML320 with Halfords Auto Centres after finding a website with you saying that it was a viable alternative to the Mercedes dealerships.

I dropped my car off this morning at 8.30 (08/0619) and was told the service would take about 4 hours. I also asked the person who I met (turns out this was the manager) if it would be possible for them to fit a replacement indicator for my wing mirror which I had already purchased from Mercedes, I was told that this would not be an issue.

I was told I would be contacted once my car was ready. After waiting 8 hours I called the branch and was told my car was nearly finished and that I could collect it. I turned up 30 mins later and my car was still not ready and I was informed that they tried to install the indicator in the wing mirror but they could not do it.

When the car was brought out to me, I immediately noticed that there where scratches on the drivers door which where not there when I dropped the car off. I raised this with the Manager and was told that it was not them and that he would speak to the technician, I then noticed on closer inspection that the wing mirror where they had attempted to fix the bulb also had a big scratch on it, at this point the manager who I can only describe as arrogant and patronising asked me what I wanted him to do about it and I was made to feel like I should not be complaining as they tried to do me a favour by fitting the bulb. He then went and got some t-cut to try and get rid of the scratches, when he realised this was not working I was told that they could put the car in the body shop to fix the issues, although when I noticed even more scratches and oil on the outside of the car I was told that I was now trying to take advantage of him and that it’s best that I contact head office and was given the generic 0800 number, I pointed out that there was no check done when I dropped the car off so any previous damage if any could have been highlighted, he told me he checked the car himself, without me there??

I did lose my temper with the manager as he was so patronising and arrogant and I was made to feel like I was exaggerating the situation which I was not. I did not expect my car to come back filthy and damaged after spending 9 hours with you

• Harrow