Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk Review

Tobyr355's review of Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

“This is based on my experience at the Coalville...”

Written on: 24/11/2021 by Tobyr355 (1 review written)

This is based on my experience at the Coalville branch. The first time I took it there for an MOT. They found a couple of faults and told me my car would cost approx £420 to repair. This was near Christmas so I wasn't happy. When I went to work next day my colleagues told me it was a ridiculous price and to get other quotes. After going to a couple more garages who quoted nearer to £250 I called Formula One and told them I did not want them to carry out the work. At hearing this and my other quotes they dropped the price to just under my other quote prices. I argued but they wouldn't take any blame. I was shocked but agreed to get work done there as it was easier for me.
The year after, as it was convenient I thought I would risk an MOT/Full Service. My car had been noisy for a few months (back wheel area) and I wanted a full check to make sure I was safe. After everything was done they said the car was in perfect condition but my tyres were wearing on the front and I would need to get my tracking looked at. I took it to another garage who told me I had new tyres and tracking was also fine.
After a year of still driving around in an increasingly noisy car I go to a different garage to get a service. After starting the service they called to say I had big problems with the rear axle bush and something similar with a joint on the front. Finally my car was repaired and was quieter than it had been for ages. My advice...stay well away from Formula One.