AVOID AT ALL COSTS

AndrewDutton1's review of Formula One Autocentre - www.f1autocentres.co.uk

“AVOID AT ALL COSTS ”

Written on: 04/11/2019 by AndrewDutton1 (1 review written)

AVOID F1 AUTOCENTRES
On October 13th, I took my new Volkswagen to F1 Autocentes in Leeds for 4 new tyres changing, and my alignment doing. My car is lowered, and they were fully aware that my car was too low to go on the ramp without removing my front splitter. They removed the front splitter, and the tyres were installed, and tracking done. The manager of the Leeds branch then said if you have any issues, bring it back. The alignment was completely out, so I called, and re booked for the following week.

On the 18Th October, at 17:20 I arrived for the alignment re-doing as agreed with the manager.

They asked me to stay in the car, and drive straight onto the ramp. Which already, is against company policy, and customer safety regulations. The car was jacked up to re attach my splitter after doing the alignment using the 2 post ramp, but was only jacked up at the front of the car. This caused severe damage to both sides of the sills on my car. Having not exited the car, I was not able to see this. I mentioned getting out and the manager went “no no, stay in the car, just reverse straight out no need to leave the car”... indicating that he knew he had damaged the car.

I drove the car home, not knowing, and the morning after, in the light I saw the extent of the damage to my car.

I called, and the manager admitted liability for the damage to my car, and said he would pay for it out of his own pocket if he had to, but when I asked for it on paper that my car would be fixed, that’s when the tables turned and he would not admit anything.

The regional manager then arranged a meeting with me, when it suited him, after ignoring all calls, and then met me at Leeds on October 29TH at 13:00

I had been to a trusted repair body shop and got a repair for the vehicle fixing, which came to £1677.01

The regional manager stated that they wanted to check over my car, and they got it back onto the ramp. He then made up a story explaining it isn’t possible, and then agreed to repair the car, but refused to pay anything over £400/500 and made the threatening comment “if you don’t want to do that, I’ll just take you to court, but we always win, trust me we get it all the time” despite me not mentioning anything about taking the matter further.

He then went on to talk about how we can’t prove anything, and that we have no evidence they’d done it, laughing as he said it. He then said if I want, He will ship my car to Newark, where his brother works, so that he can repair my car. Followed by “but you’re not having a courtesy car”. He explained if I want to find a body shop, they’ll fix it for a cheaper price as they’d be happy to pay £400 or so for me to not say anything to people.

The vehicle is 6 months old, and cost me a lot of money. So i would much rather have an insurance and Volkswagen approved, reputable body shop fix my car to a new standard. He told me if I want that, he’ll take me to court. He was VERY forward and rude and cared nonetheless towards customers satisfaction, or customer safety after I had been asked to stay in my car whilst they jacked it up.

I then agreed that I would go to another body shop, to try and redeem a cheaper quote, to which I received a quote of £1000 and was told that it would be better for me to use my insurance, as it is badly damaged.

I explained this to the regional manager and then he suddenly went back onto saying they were not at fault, despite the fact they agreed to repair it, if I didn’t say anything to anyone. Before further mentioning my car being lowered, which they were fully aware of when the car was taken to them.

Overall, it has been a horrible experience, and I would NOT ever take my car there, or recommend you take yours there again. Disgraceful customer care, poor service and shocking attitude towards putting problems they’ve caused right.

The manager is manipulative, and believes that because he is high up in his company he can bully customers into agreeing with him.

• Leeds