DO NOT USE

Frankie496's review of ClickMechanic - www.clickmechanic.com

“DO NOT USE”

Written on: 25/02/2020 by Frankie496 (1 review written)

It's a great idea, but sadly ClickMechanic do not seem to properly vet the mechanics they use - despite what it says on their website - so the quality of the work can be appalling.

I booked a pre-purchase inspection on a used car which failed to pick up that the discs and pads all round needed replacing, and that the rear tyres were worn down to the legal limit. I bought the car on the basis of the reported condition, so I'm now faced with a bill of around £1000 to rectify issues that were incorrectly reported in the condition report.

I raised a complaint with ClickMechanics Resolution centre, which was a pointless exercise as their proposed resolution was so biased in favour of the mechanic it was untrue. Then they closed the case without my agreement - unbelievable!

Customer Service is clearly an alien concept to these people. At the first sign of any issue, they run away and hide behind the disclaimers in the Terms & Conditions. "It's not our problem, you'll have to sort it out with the mechanic directly" seems to be the stock response, with no acknowledgement that they have a responsibility to ensure the competency of the mechanics that use their platform.

It's a lottery as to whether you get a good mechanic (I'm sure there are plenty) or an incompetent one. However, I wish I'd seen the reviews here before deciding to go with them.

I would advise anyone looking for a pre-purchase inspection report to go to the AA or RAC. Whilst the up front cost may be greater, it could well save you money in the long run. I wish I'd done that myself!