Undriveable car for 6+ weeks

Donjuan78's review of Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk

“Undriveable car for 6+ weeks”

Written on: 21/09/2021 by Donjuan78 (1 review written)

I had a smashed windscreen on 2nd August. Phoned my AXA car insurance who diverted me to the approved repairer Autoglass. The initial process was easy to provide car details.

They said the part was out of stock and provided no time frame. Despite weekly calls to the customer services team they provided no update apart from OUT OF STOCK. Eventually after 3 weeks I gave up and lodged a formal claim with my insurance company to get them to deal direct with Autoglass. Again, weekly calls to my insurance company they would phone Autoglass with no available update.

They text me to say I would have a booking slot in 5 days. Then after 6 weeks they phoned to say can they book me in for a repair. They didnt know my car needed calibration either. I phoned around, sourced my own Windscreen from Mazda dealership could have been fitted in 2 days or Autoglass could collect but Autoglass refused saying can only use approved suppliers.

I made an official complaint.

Someone did call me back and just kept saying It was out of stock we can only use approved suppliers not interested in listening. I refused to allow complaint to be closed and 2 weeks later still heard nothing no form of offer of apology or even good will vouchers.

Terrible Customer Service.