Unprofessional Servie - gave my car lots of problems

Syed55555's review of Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk

“Unprofessional Servie - gave my car lots of problems”

Written on: 24/11/2020 by Syed55555 (1 review written)

I have Mercedes C250 (2014).

I had a small chip on windscreen’s driver side and booked a repair appointment with Autoglass for 16 Nov’20.

On Monday, 16 Nov’20, an engineer came and inspected the car. After inspection, he advised that Windscreen cannot be repaired and it must be replaced. And if I want it then he can book another appointment. As advised, I agreed and he booked an appointment for windscreen replacement for 18 Nov’20. Later on, I called Autoglass customer service to pay the difference and I was told it is recommended to replace the wipers when replacing windscreen. I agreed for new wipers replacement with windscreen.

Around noon on Wednesday, 18 Nov’20, same engineer came and replaced the windscreen and Wipers. Engineer finished his job around 1pm. He also advised me not to drive the and wash the car for few hours. I didn’t drive the car for next 6 hours.

That evening (around 7ish), I took my car for a local run. When I started front heating (demist) – it made an awful loud noise, steering got bit tighter and car felt bit heavier. I was shocked and turn off the front heating (demist). As soon as I switched off front heating (demist), car becomes smooth again. I didn’t carry on any further and returned to home.

Next day (Thursday, 19 Nov'20), I called Autoglass and told them about the problem. She told me someone will come on Monday, 23 Nov’20 and check the car. I asked her can I use my car till Monday? She told me “Yes, I can”. I asked her specifically, who will be responsible in case of any further damages due to current issue? She replied Autoglass.

I kept using my car and used Front heater (demist) when required. On Sunday (22 Nov’20) afternoon, I noticed Engine management light came on.

On Monday, 23 Nov’20, same Engineer - who replaced my car’s windscreen and wipers - came. He was trying to be funny which was not insensitive about my feelings that I’m not happy what has happened to my car due to windscreen and wipers replacement. I told him about the Engine management which came on night before. He checked the car and listened to the noise when start front heating (demist). He opened and checked the fan which was clear. Then he took wipers off and checked the noise – noise was still coming when turn on the front heating (demist).

He spoke to someone on the mobile and told me that Windscreen needs to be replaced again and Engine Management light has nothing to do with it. I asked him why didn’t you put the RIGHT screen at the first time? He replied sometimes it happens. I didn’t agree with his response re Engine Management light and asked him how can I raised my complaint? He replied call customer services. Also, he told me that windscreen is not in stock and someone will call me to book an appointment. He fixed the wipers back and left.

I called on 0333 number at 13:17 hours 24th November 2020. And registered my complaint. I was advised someone from Customer services will call me. So far, no call/s from anyone yet (24th November 2020 14:02 hours).

• Leeds