A Cautionary Tale

JavonSalazar481's review of Autoglass www.autoglass.co.uk

“A Cautionary Tale”

Written on: 22/05/2020 by JavonSalazar481 (1 review written)

A Cautionary Tale.
Once upon a time there was a 15 year old Mercedes Convertible, It lived a quiet life with only 80,000 miles on the clock. Used at the weekends and on sunny days. Loved by its owner and polished and cleaned regularly. It required a new screen because of a crack. Insurance company informed and a visit was booked. A technician arrived early well presented and doing his best to carry on during the crisis that we are currently in. I left him to his work and 2 hours later he telephoned to say he had finished.
He advised me that i'd need to tuck in the wire for my dab radio and camera once the adhesive had gone off. Thats fine I said I can do that. I used the car later that evening and heard a rattle coming from inside. It wasn't the mints in the glovebox either. I removed the top trim panel and found the 2 screws used to hold the interior light rattling around. I refitted these and the rattle had gone. I went to check the rain sensing wipers after looking at the auto glass email saying they weren't working? I found this strange as they always worked in the past. They just needed calibrating with the new screen. (kind of thought that should have been done with the installation!) Finally the trim panel on the top of the windscreen had been fitted badly, I quizzed a few people online regarding the make and model of my car and was given advice on how this panel is fitted. I removed the panel, found 2 bent end clips and some tasty scratches in the vehicles paintwork. I straightened the end clips and touched up the paintwork damage with some correct touch up. Refited the panel correctly. Now my car is as was before it was worked on by Autoglass. Now i'm not one for knocking or critising peoples work and I certainly won't tell someone how to do there job properly. The lad was very professional and seemed to know his stuff but on this occasion I was left far from happy with the end result. It was a very hot day and he was working out in the full sun the whole time. He also told me that he had 2 more to do after this one. So Autoglass maybe you should be looking at how much work you are giving your operatives and maybe allow a little bit more time to ensure that these works are carried out correctly. So it may only be a 15 year old Mercedes, but its my 15 year old Mercedes and i'm rather fond of it.

Would I recommend Autoglass