company not interested

MJTC's review of Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

“company not interested”

Written on: 05/12/2016 by MJTC (1 review written)

I recently had a bad experience on the motorway when a lorry drifted out of its lane and hit the side of my car. I took the details from the Rumanian driver who spoke little English but supplied me with his license details and insurance documents.
When I contacted Swift cover they said they could get the car repaired but that I would almost certainly lose my no claims and would have to pay the excess. I was told that it was very difficult to chase foreign drives for insurance details and they would probably just say it both parties were culpable. When I asked whether it was worth a try there response was that it was unlikely to be successful. They certainly did not inspire me with confidence that they would pursue the case with any vigour at all.
I wrote an email to the person who dealt with my case and asked him to pass it on to the relevant people in the company. Several weeks later I am still waiting for a reply.
I have had to make arrangements to have the car repaired myself as I don't want to lose my no claims discount. Very disappointed with the customer service from this company and I will not be taking my(or my family's) car insurance with them again.

• Comprehensive