Good experience

sarahlotte's review of Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

“Good experience”

Written on: 14/05/2016 by sarahlotte (1 review written)

Confused.com listed Swiftcover as one of the cheapest, however I was reluctant having read the negative reviews on here. So rather than just click buttons on line I called them to proceed with the policy & ask some Qs to assess their customer service for myself before giving over my card details. The guy I spoke to was very helpful. I asked him to slow down as I was finding it hard to keep up with him & he did so. I asked to opt out of the automatic renewal system & queried the negative reviews regarding admin fees. He explained that changes to policies can be done online easily & that there is a £10 admin fee if you choose to call up. I asked for their claims number just in case & if it was a Freephone number. He gave me the general number & found me a free phone number too, which I have saved into my phone with my policy number "just in case"! He apologised for the negative feedback I had read & thanked me for choosing Swiftcover. I am hoping that I do not have to call the claims team but am happy with the service I have receieved so far & wanted to leave a positive report to show this.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Lady Driver

Driver Type

Fred380's Response to sarahlotte's Review

Written on: 15/09/2017

All good until you need to make a claim. Had car accident in May 17, spent hours on hold before emailing claims dept with details, 5 days later called back to confirm details so I assumed the claim was being dealt with. September received a letter from the other parties insurer threatening County court proceedings or to settle without Swiftcover being involved by paying £3900. Since tried to contact them again spending hours on hold and still not getting through, so have emailed through to their complaints dept. Still waiting for reply and have taken legal advice and been in contact with the financial ombudsman in readiness to take further. Absolutely scandalous that this company is still trading.