Expensive cancellation fees - they don't want to let you go!

fruitbats's review of Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

“Expensive cancellation fees - they don't want to let...”

Written on: 15/03/2012 by fruitbats (2 reviews written)

Just tried to cancel Swiftcover policy with 2+ months to run. I'm buying a new car (slightly larger engine) and have a new quote for the same price as Swiftcover last year. All sounding good.

But they want £52 to cancel or £48 to change the vehicle. This may include (I remember from before) about £25 just to update my guessed at, future mileage from 14k to 15k! Joke that is.

Swiftcover may not be alone in this scam so my advice is to read the small print (sorry.)

And since car insurance is compulsory, why doesn't our illustrious government step in and standardise the premiums as per MOT and Road Tax? Let me guess, too many friends riding the gravy train? They're already getting a taste for it since they started taxing premiums.

So I've decided to just let the cover run and take out the new policy for the new car. At least Swiftcover don't get any more of my money!

Just a rip-off - Rip-off Britain again.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive