Reluctantly moved

Guest's review of Swiftcover Car Insurance www.swiftcover.com

“Reluctantly moved”

Written on: 19/10/2011

Problem with car insurance reviews is that most people only write one when they have a complaint. So I am bucking the trend, despite having just shifted to another company when my premium went up from £800 to £1000 despite adding another year's NCB.

However, I was unfortunate enough to have 2 accidents in the space of 4 months in the previous year and I have to say that Swiftcover were brilliant in their handling of both. I hope I don't have to claim under my new policy but if the new insurer is half as good I will be pleased (new premium was under £700 which is what I was expecting from Swiftcover)

First accident was not my fault - someone pulled across the road in front of me when I was doing 40mph. Coincidentally he was also insured with Swift and admitted full responsibility and no-one was injured. My car was a write-off and Swift quickly made an offer that was more than I was expecting and agreed my premium & NCB would be unaffected.

I paid a little extra and bought a better faster car, in which unfortunately I had a bump just over 4 months later that was entirely my fault. Again, the claim was handled quickly and efficiently, the car was repaired (although my total excess was £900) and from an insurance perspective I have no complaints.

On renewal last October 2 months after the 2nd bump the premium went up from £500 to £800 which is fair enough. My NCB was set back to 2 yrs - hence my surprise after a further year of claim free driving to see the premium at over £1000 when NCB is now up to 3 years. Although £350 is too big a saving to ignore, I will definitely consider switching back in the future even if it costs me a little more (but not 350).

Curiously, Swiftcover were included in the market comparison and the new business premium quoted was £1150 - even more than renewal!

• Claimed Over a Year Ago

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive