Monkeys could do a better job

charitychitty's review of Simply Insurance - www.simplyinsurance.uk.com

“Monkeys could do a better job”

Written on: 15/06/2019 by charitychitty (1 review written)

Very poor service. Only interested in taking your money. Your first phone call for a quote, you get through quickly. Once you accept the quote, and your phone number is on file, so they know who is ringing them, you get the typical (all our operators are busy at the moment, please hold and we will answer your call as soon as possible) Of course they make money out of you being on the phone longer, so why not keep you on hold. Then when you do get to talk to someone they dont listen to you. I got and accepted my quote for my Motor traders insurance on the 23rd May, and I was asked then when my existing policy was due for renewal, and I told them the 7th of June. they did not listen, and just started my policy from the 23rd May. I was initially given 30 days by them to return copies of driving licences etc and other documents such as proof of trading, proof of address and proof of no claims bonus etc. Obviously I cant get proof of no claims until my existing policy expires, but within just a few days they were hounding me for documents, this is when it came to light about the admistration error or so they called it, so they were notified about it there and then. Yes you guessed it, they still did not listen, and again very soon after, they were hounding me for missing documents (proof of no claims this time) which just so happened had arrived that very day, so was instantly forwarded to them. A few days then pass, and I receive a text message, and without giving any reason as to why, it says my insurance policy has been cancelled and will expire in 7 days time. Thats really convenient thing to happen the day before I am due to be getting married. So I ring them up, and of course get put on hold for yet another 20 min period (more money gone) and then get told its because they have not received my proof of no claims. By this time I am livid, after a good shouting at down the phone, the dumb bint on the other end of the phone finally finds the missing document (turns out they had it all along). I then demand an appology plus an email stating that the policy is not however canceled. She does this, but it leaves me now with very little confidence in simply insurance (Simply Idiots more like or even Simple Idiots). Looking at their previous reviews only 16% of their customers would actually recommend them. NOT VERY GOOD IS IT? If you are reading this review, save yourself the agro and go somewhere else for your insurance cover. Other issues and reasons for complaint have also come to light during these first few days of being signed up with this company, but I wont bore you with all the details as most of these are only quite minor, but when all put together does not make them look very competant.

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive