As bad as it gets with insurance.

371Krause's review of RCiB Right Choice - www.rcib.co.uk

“As bad as it gets with insurance.”

Written on: 25/09/2021 by 371Krause (1 review written)

As bad as it gets with insurance.

If there was a company to learn the ways not to deal with customers, these guys would be the experts.

From day 1 this company sent red flags, first a rather threatening letter asking for proofs of Driving licenses and address and NCB. Most insurance companies do this however with RCIB you get a letter stating "your policy will be cancelled in 7 days". They then have a phone number which you spent about 2 hours waiting to through to. Surely it would be simpler to let customers just upload the docs at the same time as taking the policy.

It was after this first experience with them I rather wrongly decide to check the reviews and they really were as bad as they said, but as there were so many charges to cancel, I continued praying that i did not need to ever call them again.

I was fortunate enough to have never needed to ever claim on my insurance ever in the past.
This was the first time and it was a simple Windscreen replacement. During the initial call which to make the claim I took a guess at the mileage which was higher than what was stated when taking out the policy. Bearing in mind my actual mileage was a lot lower this year because I hadnt been going to work(due to WFH). Anyway 42 days before the end of the policy an amendment charge was made for £120. Despite all the calls, they wanted their cash. Tragic really, the insisted on making extra cash.

Ironically after that they would constantly sending emails daily and text messages about getting a renewal quote was somehow going to get me to renew. For as long as I live, I will never buy insurance from RCIB again.

On the plus side, the website never seems to work the over the phone they sent the NCB quite quickly.

• Recently Settled

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive