Don't bother!!!

Lisabee69's review of Post Office Car Insurance

“Don't bother!!!”

Written on: 19/11/2016 by Lisabee69 (1 review written)

We insured my 17 year old daughter for her own car whilst she was learning to drive. The first problems began immediately when they repeatedly asked for proof of her no claims and all the requests came to my own e-mail account not hers. (I also have their insurance). Despite me telling them on numerous occasions that they had the wrong details and were breaching confidentiality the requests continued and they began to threaten to cancel the policy!
In the end I had to write a letter of complaint, a month later I got a phone call, an apology and £25 good will payment.
Today after 8 months of incident free driving she passed her test with NO minors. She rang the Post Office to upgrade her insurance to Full UK and were told she was no longer insurarable!! They cancelled her policy with a small refund for the rest of the month. I am disgusted that the Post Office were quite happy to take our money (and let me tell you it wasn't cheap!) whilst she was a learner but now they don't want to know. DO NOT USE THE POST OFFICE they are inefficient money grabbers!!!