Avoid at all costs!!

Bakerton's review of General Accident Car Insurance www.generalaccident.com

“Avoid at all costs!! ”

Written on: 12/07/2020 by Bakerton (1 review written)

AVOID AVOID AVOID

I wish I could give 0 stars. Terrible experience with these.

We had to make a claim when someone caused us to hit them when braking unnecessarily. There were two young males in the car. The damage was minimal and I have evidence of this. However the car was further damaged which resulted in their car being written off. I have photographic evidence from the science and of them driving off in the car that shows non of the damage that caused the car to be written off. However no one handling the claim noticed this and that the damage wasn't consistent with the damage our car would have been able to do. The other party claimed it was a family in the car and they all had injuries. I have pictures the show you can only see two passengers in the car and never saw anyone else in the car. I also disputed the driver who was claiming was the correct person as the age of the driver didn't match my description. Despite sending numerous letters to their solicitors and asking if we would testify in court (which we would liked to have done) they also paid out for personal injury of the driver.

I had to do all the chasing of the claim (which took over 2 years) and they went months and months between doing any work on the case. My childrens car seats full amount wasn't covered as we had hit them. They paid £150 out for 2 seats and the seats were ERF at £380 each to replace.

Honestly pay the slight extra premium and avoid these at all costs.

• Claimed Over a Year Ago

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive