Deceitful tactics to increase premiums

klStiles298's review of Diamond Car Insurance www.diamond.co.uk

“Deceitful tactics to increase premiums ”

Written on: 23/03/2018 by klStiles298 (1 review written)

I used a well known compare insurance site, to come across what seemed a fair price renewal quote, however after calling them to take out the policy the price increased by £300 due to a flag against my daughter or myself (22 years accident free) so called her insurance company to ask what it was about, they have no record of any reason for this and asked me to call Diamond again and check who had put the issue as they should be able to give me these details, Diamond said they could not give me these details as it was on the "motor insurance database" and as we had insurance already this is why her insurance company could not see this. after 45 minutes of telling the man she or myself have had no incidents or accidents or whatever else he wanted to describe it as. They said it was due to an altercation with a cab driver, he claimed the date was late 2017, yet this occurred early 2017 and was never reported to the cab company as I called them to get his details to report him for being aggressive towards a young women and the only person who could have known about this was my daughter until I had mentioned the issue to them. Long and short of this is Diamond want you to say anything to be able to justify increasing your renewal policy as you go to pay for it.
What a shame companies act in this way for young drivers trying to be responsible legal road uses.