Be careful - there is a £30 penalty for genuine errors

Budget Insurance Reviews - budgetinsurance.com
4.1

McMahonox208's review of Budget Insurance Reviews - budgetinsurance.com

“Be careful - there is a £30 penalty for genuine errors”

written by McMahonox208 on 07/06/2023

Made an error putting myself as policy holder and my wife as second driver. I paid and closed my computer down. I realised my error an hour later and phoned the service centre where a great guy tried to swap them around but told me it would cost £70 more, clearly not an option. In the end I had to close the policy down, it had only been in existence for an hour and wouldn’t come into effect anyway for two weeks,and forfeit £30 of the money I had already paid! Asked if the cooling down period exempted me from losing this money to be told that did not apply in this instance. Went back to the beginning at home on my computer with direct dial, put my wife as policy holder and me as second driver and got car insurance cover for nearly exactly to same as first time! So £30 down for a genuine error I spotted an hour after setting up the policy. I have sent feedback to direct dial asking for reimbursement as a gesture of good will, bearing in mind I did insure with them after being ‘fined’, we will see what happens!

Have you made a Claim

• Best Cover

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Lady Driver

Driver Type

Customer_Team's Comment

Written on: 08/06/2023

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are unhappy with the fees and charges listed on our policies. Please contact our customer services team and request to speak with the social media team, we'll see if there is anything we can do to help.

Thanks,