Just don’t miss a payment.

Trodler's review of Budget Insurance

“Just don’t miss a payment. ”

Written on: 22/01/2021 by Trodler (1 review written)

Overall I feel the value for money is pretty good. Where my main issue lies is the customer service; a payment of ours was not taken over the Christmas period due to a banking error, but instead of being able to sort it over the phone easy-peasy—we had the money, after all—I was bombarded with texts and emails of an almost threatening nature: “WARNING your policy is about to be CANCELLED!”
Upon calling customer service to sort out the problem, I was told we would have to pay the missed payment fee, which was almost as much as a months payment. I tried to cancel the policy there and then, as it was still within the first fourteen days, but was told that even this would incur another, larger, fee. In the end we decided to pay the original fee as it was the most cost effective option and we needed to be insured, but I take solace that when the renewal comes up we shall no longer use such an inflexible insurer. Appalling customer service.

• Never Claimed

Have you made a Claim

• Cheapest Quote

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Lady Driver

Driver Type

Customer_Team's Response to Trodler's Review

Written on: 26/01/2021

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to discuss this with you further to understand the issues you've experienced in more detail. Unfortunately we’ve been unable to locate your policy details. Please contact our Customer Service Team and request to speak with the Social Media Team, we will see if there is anything we can do to help.

Many Thanks,