don't change your mind, you won't get your money back

matwilliams's review of Bluefin - www.bluefingroup.co.uk

“don't change your mind, you won't get your money back”

Written on: 16/09/2013 by matwilliams (1 review written)

i run a mobile cycle repair business, i took out a business account with santander who put me on to bluefin for my business insurance.

at first i was happy with bluefin as they managed to find me a reasonably priced quote and managed to get the documents emailed to me straight away and the payment side of things was relatively easy.

3 days later (technically 1 working day though) i found a quote for 1/3 less.

so, i rang bluefin (i actually was given a direct dial number by santander for an individual member of staff at bluefin) and asked if i could cancel my policy as i had now got one cheaper 'no problem' they said.

i was told that the money would be in my account in '5-7 working days' (a phrase i have heard many times from blufin over the last 2 months)

7 working days later and the money had not appeared, so i gave bluefin a call who said that there had been some sort of error and it would be another '5-7 working days' - 7 days later i call again.

bluefin tell me that the issue is not with them, it is with the insurance company, who have told them they will not be refunding me as they 'don't do refunds' - at this point i reminded bluefin of distance selling regulations and that i had cancelled the policy within 1 working day, bluefin then told me that the insurance company that hadn't received the cancellation request within 7 days ???

'leave it with me' i was told, so i did, for another 5 or so days.

i rang them again to be told that the insurance company was not going to pay bluefin back, so bluefin would have to pay me, which would take, you guessed it '5-7 working days' - another 5 days later i ring bluefin to hear that they are processing my refund and the money would be in my account that day.

it wasn't.

since then i have been fobbed off numerous times with the same old tosh and today i am starting a more serious approach, starting with a threat of getting the ombudsman involved - then possibly stronger action with the small claims court.

IN SHORT, MAKE SURE YOU ARE GOING TO BE HAPPY WITH THE POLICY/SERVICE YOU REQUIRE FROM BLUFIN, AS YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE YOUR MIND.

mat.