WOULD NOT RECOMMEND

Guest's review of Asda Car Insurance

“WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ”

Written on: 26/09/2012

I HAD BEEN WITH ASDA CAR INSURANCE FOR A GOOD FEW YEARS, ALWAYS LET MY POLICY AUTOMATICALLY RENEW. THIS YEAR I CLAIMED AND WHAT A MESS. MY POLICY CLEARLY SAYS I WAS ENTITLED TO A COURTESY CAR, ASDA WERE NOT FOR SORTING ONE OUT AFTER ME PHONING ARGUING WHAT I WAS ENTITLED TO I EVENTUALLY GOT ONE, THEN CAME TIME TO PAY MY EXCESS MY POLICY SAYS £250 WHICH I HAVE ALWAYS AGREED TO, SUDDENLY ASDA CHARGED ME £500 WHICH I HAD TO PAY IN ORDER TO GET MY CAR BACK. I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT A MANAGER WAS SORTING THIS OUT, 5 MONTHS NOW AND I AM STILL WAITING, THIS MANAGER IS NEVER AVAILABLE TO SPEAK TO ME. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND ASDA CAR INSURANCE TO ANYONE.

Have you made a Claim

• Auto Renewed

Reason for going with this company

• Comprehensive

Cover Taken

• Lady Driver

Driver Type

Dingding1's Comment

Written on: 03/10/2012

Oh Dear. I wish I had checked the ReviewCentre before I took cover with ASDA. So far my experience is all good, and I was about to post a good review, but I think I had better wait and see the proof of it.
To be honest, I only ever got good Insurance service from the AA, but they were 2x the price this year, for an old runabout, even when given the chance to get better. Went with Asda instead and just HOPE I never have to claim and have the experience listed on here.